- 2008 – 8 minute abs every day
- 2009 – 1 mile run every day
- 2010 – The Infamous Push-Up Challenge (1 additional push-up every day)
- 2011 – Choose your Daily Workout! (20 minutes of running, 15 minutes of jumping rope, or 30 minutes of riding a bicycle)
- 2012 – The Daily Nutrition Challenge (1 fruit + 1 vegetable + no deep fried foods)
- 2013 – Choose your Daily Workout! (200 Pushups, 2 Miles Running, 400 Crunches, 4000 Meters Rowing, 600 Jumping Jacks, or 6 Miles Biking)
- 2014 – 20 minutes of continuous workout each day
- 2015 – no challenge / lack of interest / the year which shall not be mentioned
- Complete an 8 minute ab workout OR Run 1 Mile every day. (A suggested 8 minute ab workout is included via youtube link at bottom, but 8 minutes of planking or a similar core workout are also acceptable. The 1 Mile run is pretty self-explanatory, and can be completed inside, outside, in an airport, in another country, or on a boat.)
- Takes less than 10 minutes to complete (assuming you can run a 10 minute mile)
- Doesn’t require any gear / gym membership / additional purchases
- The Challenge begins on January 1, 2016 (aka this FRIDAY).
- You have 24 hours (from midnight to midnight) to complete the daily requirement.
- This operates on the honor system. If you fail to run/do your abs within 24 hours of the day, you must email the group (or at least the organizer!) to let us know.
- Feel free to invite others! Mo’ participants = mo’ money in the pot.
I think that covers the essentials. I know it’s a bit daunting to commit to a whole year of daily workouts, but half of the fun lies in taunting and shit-talking with your friends and family. Besides, even if you successfully complete even 3 months of working out, isn’t that worth the $20 commitment?
Go ahead and bookmark this page so you can watch this amazing video daily. Come on gang, you’re almost there!